Troy Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Representing Those Who Have Been Injured in Motorcycle Accidents in Ohio
When the freedom of the open road collides with unforeseen circumstances, the result can often be devastating. Motorcycle accidents are not only emotionally and physically traumatic but can also lead to complex legal battles. At Lopez, Severt & Pratt Co., we understand the unique challenges that motorcycle accident victims face and are committed to providing unwavering legal support during their time of need. As dedicated Troy motorcycle accident lawyers, we strive to secure the justice and compensation you rightfully deserve.
Call Lopez, Severt & Pratt Co today at (937) 400-3170 or contact us online to schedule a request with our motorcycle accident attorney in Troy.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can transpire for a multitude of reasons, often as a result of a combination of factors. Our experienced legal team comprehends the intricacies of these accidents and can help identify the liable parties. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents can include:
- Negligent Drivers: Reckless or distracted drivers failing to notice motorcyclists on the road can result in catastrophic collisions.
- Left-Turn Accidents: When a vehicle turns left in front of an oncoming motorcycle, the rider might not have sufficient time to react and avoid a collision.
- Lane Splitting Accidents: Lane splitting, although illegal in some states, is a common practice among motorcyclists. Accidents can occur when other drivers are not aware or accommodating of this maneuver.
- Speeding and Aggressive Driving: Speeding and aggressive driving behaviors increase the risk of accidents, especially when motorcycles are involved due to their reduced visibility.
- Road Hazards: Potholes, debris, uneven road surfaces, and inadequate signage can pose significant dangers to motorcyclists.
- Impaired Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment and reaction times, often resulting in accidents.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Recoverable damages in motorcycle accident claims may include:
- Medical Expenses: Coverage for past and future medical expenses related to injuries sustained in the accident, including hospitalization, surgeries, and medications.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for the income that you have lost due to your injuries and potential future loss of earnings.
- Pain and Suffering: Damages to account for the physical pain, emotional distress, and decreased quality of life resulting from the accident.
- Property Damage: Reimbursement for repairs or replacement of your damaged motorcycle and other personal property.
- Wrongful Death: In cases of fatal motorcycle accidents, surviving family members may be qualified to seek a wrongful death claim to gain compensation for their loss.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accident Claims in Ohio?
It's crucial to understand that time is of the essence when pursuing a motorcycle accident claim. In the state of Ohio, the statute of limitations restricts the timeframe within which you can file a claim. Generally, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including motorcycle accidents, is two years from the original date of the accident. Failure to file your claim within this period may result in the forfeiture of your right to seek compensation.
“Best Attorneys in Miami County” - James L.
“I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome.” - Lou M.
“I was very pleased with the work they did for me.” - Douglas U.